From the Wall Street Journal: Record Contradicts Palin’s “Bridge” Claims
Despite significant evidence to the contrary, the McCain campaign continues to assert that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told the federal government “thanks but no thanks” to the now-famous bridge to an island in her home state.
From LATimes.com: New election low: distorting the fact-checking
News outlets and independent truth squads seem to agree that the McCain camp’s distortions on Barack Obama have gone too far.
I think we’re all used to some bending of the truth in politics, but I think the blatant lies told by McCain and Palin have gone too far. And it’s not just me saying it. Hopefully, the public will see through it, but once we again, we did vote Bush/Cheney for a second term after it was known that they had mislead the public about the Iraq war.
Editing comments again, Morris? Gotta love those Democrats who are all for free speech and free thought. Go Democrats! Keep on riding that hypocrisy train! Woo, Woo!
Top ten reasons Iâ€™m Voting Democratâ€¦
10. Iâ€™m voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
9. Iâ€™m voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
8. Iâ€™m voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what theyâ€™re doing because they now think weâ€™re good people.
7. Iâ€™m voting Democrat because I believe that people who canâ€™t tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I donâ€™t start driving a Prius.
6. Iâ€™m voting Democrat because Iâ€™m not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
5. Iâ€™m voting Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.
4. Iâ€™m voting Democrat because I believe three or four liberals need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some people who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.
3. Iâ€™m voting Democrat because I believe that when the terrorists donâ€™t have to hide from us over there, when they come over here I donâ€™t want to have any guns in the house to fight them off with.
2. Iâ€™m voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. Iâ€™ve decided to marry my horse.
1. Iâ€™m voting Democrat because I believe oil companiesâ€™ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are insane, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isnâ€™t.
I reserve the right to edit my blog and MY OWN comments any way I see fit. After all, the blog is always a work in progress. I never, ever touch the comments of my readers unless they’re obscene or spam.